Wednesday, December 14, 2016
If I were a general manager for a MLB team I would sign both José Bautista and Edwin Encarnación together. It would be for a terrible team like the Minnesota Twins, or Chicago White Sox. Not only do these teams have nothing to lose, but also have home run friendly ballparks. While their contracts might be an issue at first, the amount of money they both would bring in from a winning team and attendance would more than make up for it. And while age is an issue, the leadership (Alpha male) Bautista would inspire the younger guys, something a team like the White Sox could use with so many great prospects.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
I’m usually not a fan of new chip flavours, but this time I couldn’t refuse to try this new flavour; Chalet sauce from Swiss Chalet. In case you don’t know what Chalet sauce is, well it’s the dipping sauce (gravy) you get on the side when you order rotisserie chicken from Swiss Chalet; a Canadian restaurant. Their dipping sauce has a unique flavour that is tangy and delicious with their chicken.
While gravy flavour chips have been around for years, Lay’s Canada has done an amazing job in capturing the flavour of Chalet sauce in this chip flavour. They even included the green spices/herds that are also in the dipping sauce; great attention to detail. While the chips are savory I suggest you try them before their gone because they are limited edition.
Sunday, November 20, 2016
OMG that Goldberg vs. Lesnar match was amazing. As much as I think wrestling has sucked the last few years; everyone once in a while I get the pleasure of watching a match that is pure GOLD(berg). Seriously I was left speechless and fired up by that classic match. That’s the way Goldberg handled his business back in the day and that’s the way he should always be remembered. Who's Next!
Oh yeah, Randy Orton took it for the team and Won it.
Thursday, November 17, 2016
One of the best websites for pop culture (nerd, geeks) collectors is Loot Crate; a monthly subscription service that sends you a box full of geek-approved merchandise. They not only make cool collectables but also unique ones that are usually one of a kind. I like how every box makes me feel like a kid again, opening up a present full of goodies. I also like the fact that they are always listening to their fans, so in light of this, I decided to create a list of what would be my dream crate. To start with, my dream create from Loot Crate would be one for collectors. They would not only be items that were cool, but also helpful in our never-ending collection. It would include:
1. A deck of cards; similar to baseball cards, but instead of players, it would be consoles, sneakers, and toys. For example using video games, imagine opening up a pack of cards, and each card would have a picture of the game box cover, and on the back it would have important information like the year it came out, the designers and other facts.
2. A journal or book that contains ever single game made. That way, as I collect them I can just check them off in my journal. This could also include a journal for Transformers, WWE figures, etc.
3. Blind bag of mini video game consoles. Similar to Japanese miniature food. I would love to display a whole set from Nintendo.
4. A giant puzzle; one for every game console. For example a picture of every SNES game released in one puzzle picture.
5. A whole magnetic level from Super Mario Bros. that I could attach to my refrigerator and play with when I’m bored. I would also include levels from SMB 3, MegaMan and Metroid.
7. Last, and probably my most wanted wish of all are adult size pajamas with retro video game and 80’s cartoon images. I remember Cousin Balki (Perfect Strangers) and Uncle Joey (Full House) both wore some back in the day, now I want to be as nerdy as they were.